Thursday, July 27, 2006

A day of highs and lows

Good news = I passed my CISG exam this morning without a problem, and I attended my absolute final class here in Augsburg (even though I already has my Transnational Litigation final, I wanted to know more about recognition and enforcement of foreign judgments, so I went to the lecture). It's really hit me. All I have left is some studying and a 15-minute oral exam in International Criminal Law tomorrow and then I'm done here. What a relief. After all the worrying I think I'm actually going to survive and pass all my classes. This meant I was feeling pretty good this afternoon. I even took a nap to celebrate (it was 90 degrees in Augsburg at 2pm today -- too hot for studying, just right for napping).

Bad news = Floyd Landis. As you can probably tell from my earlier posts, I am a big sports junkie, and I love European sports like soccer and the Tour de France especially. I was so proud of Floyd in that weird way patriotic people can be -- I don't know the guy, but he's American and he made America look good that day. And now it looks like he failed a drug test taken on the day he made his monumental comeback in the Alps in Stage 17. I felt physically sick when I read about this, just gutted. I hope to God it is just an analysis error and he wasn't on something that day. I guess we won't know the full story until later. But what a disappointment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home