Sunday, July 16, 2006

Wrap-Up Thoughts REALLY Starting...

So in less than three weeks from now I will be sitting on my patio with the paper, drinking wine and enjoying SO MUCH being back on my own turf. It has been incredibly hot in Los Angeles over the last little while apparently, but since I have been in the land of no-air-conditioning and 80% humidity lately, I think I'll be ready.

I have been working on my outlines for my classes but to be honest I am very unmotivated. I will have one written exam (European and WTO law), three oral exams (Legal Philosophy and Theory, International Criminal Law, and a combined International Civil Procedure and International Private Law exam). The written exam will be in English, while all of the oral exams will be in German. I still do not know what the exam format will be for my Convention for the International Sale of Goods class.

I know SP hates it when I talk about going home and being DONE with here, but it's how I feel and he always wants me to be honest with him.

We had a little scare earlier this week -- to make a long story short, it was widely presumed at home that one of our two cats (not Gah-Boy, but our little tiny Katie) was missing. Full panic set in, and we spent a sleepless night worrying about her, until our niece (who is housesitting for us) called and told us that Katie had finally made an appearance. Apparently Katie had hidden herself so well that no one could find her. This seems to be par for the course with Katie (she has always been skittish and wary of strangers, to me it's part of her charm), but it made my heart sick to think about losing her. Now more than ever, I just want to go home and see both my little buddies.

So now I'm off to the gym and then I will come back and finish my Legal Philosophy outline. I will do another post later that summarizes what we've learned in that class so far. Even though I am working on the outline right now, all it seems to be a far-flung collection of ideas and principles. I'll need a more focused understanding of it to do well on the exam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home