Saturday, July 08, 2006

Four Weeks Left

Sorry, it's been a while now. Germany plays tonight in the 3rd place game. I have never seen so many long faces as I did after their loss to Italy on July 4th. As of right now, the Americans are the only team in the tournament who did not lose to Italy. How's that for irony?

So, yes, there are only 4 weeks left for me over here. SP arrived Monday and I was so happy to see him. It's a bit crowded with the two of us in my tiny room but we work together so well that it certainly can't be considered to be inconvenient to have him here. Mainly it's just been nice. Just like at home, now I have someone on my side all the time, here with me to talk about stuff with, get ideas and opinions from, and just share the day-to-day. To me, that's the nicest part about marriage.

Anyway, my classes are ramping up. I only have three weeks left before my exams. I will have a written exam (in English) in European and WTO Law. Three of the others will, I know, be oral (and in German) -- Legal Philosophy, International Criminal Law, and a combined exam for International Civil Procedure and International Private Law. I still don't know about my Convention for the International Sale of Goods class. I will write more about what each of those classes have entailed later. It has been immensely interesting and rewarding for me to be in these classes -- I have learned a lot, my German has improved immensely, and it is a big accomplishment for me to be able to say that I'm not hopelessly lost in any of the classes. As part of preparing for the exams themselves, I will be writing about each of the subjects here later, explaining what we've covered in each.

And after all that is done, it will be time to go home. Whohoo! I have been thinking about my house so much, and all the work I want to do there. I have a ton of projects that I want to accomplish at home, and some interesting ideas about how I can make it nicer there for us. I miss my house a lot and am ready to get back and enjoy living there again. But first things first -- I need to study enough for my exams to pass. Not a given, but not impossible either.

There's light at the end of the tunnel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home