Sunday, July 22, 2007

More Mnenomics; Last Night At Home Before the Exam

At the request of my hockey teammate Amy, here are the other hockey mnenomics that I came up with to remember the bar stuff.

*****************************************************
First Amendment (Speech) Rules: There are three separate ways to analyze a statute to determine whether it unconstitutionally inhibits free speech (I promise if you have studied for the bar exam these make sense):

Method #1 -- Facial Attack
Federov's Overt Velocity Proves Unsettling
Facial Attack
Overbreadth
Vagueness
Prior Restraint
Unfettered Discretion

Method #2 -- Restraint on Specific Content of Speech
Sadness Pervades Selanne's Upcoming Retirement
Specific (content)
Protected Speech
Strict Scrutiny
Unprotected Speech
Regulation (by government) Lawful

Method #3 -- Content-Neutral Regulation of Speech
Nabokov Tries Pushing Mountains, Mostly Fails
Neutral (content)
Time
Place
Manner
Middle-Tier
Forum Types

*****************************************************
Mnenomics for Trusts

Tucker Probably Can't Produce Hat Tricks
Types
Private Express
Charitable
Pour Over Wills
Honorary
Totten

(PS -- I am obviously a fan of neither Tucker nor the Leafs)

Raising Stanley, Selanne's Ducks Enjoyed Raucous Celebrations
Restrictions
Spendthrift
Support
Discretionary
Equity
Resulting
Constructive

*****************************************************

General Evidence Issues (as opposed to hearsay exceptions, which I listed in an earlier post):

Roy Left, Logically Fuming -- Nobody Cared About Bad Defense
Relevance
Legal
Logical
Foundation
Notice
Competency
Authentication
Burden
Determination

For Mean, Reckless Play, Every Player Hates Pronger
Form
Method
Response
Purpose
Exclusions
Privilege
Hearsay
Parol Evidence

*****************************************************

That's all I've got. I probably should have done more, but oh well.

I am feeling pretty much "oh well" at this point. I am tired, worn out, and calm after this day of napping, shopping at the mall, and going to to dinner and drinking wine.

I am ready to go and "get 'er done" as they say. My gosh, I'm sick of talking about it, thinking about it, and worrying about it. I need to just rest and be calm, because I'm pretty well-prepared. I won't get the top score, but I should do okay.

Tommorrow, we're off to the hotel. Let the adventure begin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home