Wednesday, July 18, 2007

6 days away

So this time next week I will be 2/3 done. Small comfort, considering there is still so much I don't know. I keep thinking about the PMBR guy on the Property CD who kept saying "You can't know everything!" Indeed. But I just feel like there is so much I still don't know, and I effectively only have a few days of studying left.

I am taking people's general advice and quitting studying on Sunday afternoon. I have to go to the mall and get a new watch. I will also need to go to decompress at that point because I will pretty much be a wreck by then. I keep reminding myself how much luckier I am than a lot of people, and I don't have to pass the bar to keep my job. But I have spent every day for the last two months studying for this thing, and it would be a major bummer to fail it.

I have had a pretty good studying day today though. I really did a lot with wills and trusts and finally feel like I can handle an essay. Of course that means I probably sacrificed a bunch of other things. But the time left is so limited that I can only do and learn so much more at this point.

I have barely done anything with the California distinctions in evidence and civ pro, and I think I will be reviewing them briefly this weekend in hopes that will suffice. I do have short outlines with each subject that have the distinctions in those comment bubbles, but I've barely looked at those outlines since I made them a few weeks ago because there was so much else to get done.

I'm in a constant battle to assure myself that I've done enough. I did not really put in 12-15 hours days every day on studying for this thing, like I have heard some people say that they do. It's just too boring. I studied on my own between 4 and 8 hours a day, and I heard every BarBri lecture except one. I have done over 1600 MC questions at this point, and will probably do less than 2000 by the time the studying is over (I've seen websites that suggest doing 3000 -- that's not going to happen here). I have written a bunch of essays, and will have done 5 performance tests by the end of this week. I never run out of time, and by now I am writing concise essays that address all the issues in most subjects in 45 minutes.

That is going to have to do. I think preparation is important, and I have devoted two months to preparing. But I have also spent two months trying to convince myself that I'm smart enough to handle whatever comes my way with a reasonable amount of grace and coherence, and with as little panic as possible.

You can't know everything. Let's just hope that by Tuesday I'll know enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home