Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Enough Already

Okay, NBC has had the pictures and video from the VA Tech psycho for a few hours now, and that crazy guy is sneering at me from practically every news Web site. Why glorify him? He was just a sad, sick, twisted person. My heart is still breaking for the people this lunatic butchered. But I don't think it's necessary to plaster him and his deranged rantings and "justifications" for what he did all over the media. What a nightmare, all the way around.

Although I suppose by blogging about it I'm contributing too. I'm just really tired of seeing his beady hate-filled eyes staring at me whenever I get on the Internet.

The worst, I fear, is yet to come.

Speaking of ENOUGH ALREADY, SCOTUS handed down an abortion rights decision today that, the way I see it, is just step #1 toward the eventual elimintation of a woman's right to choose abortion. And don't think for one minute that they'll stop there. I see a Bush Court as being generally hostile toward the rights of women, other disadvantaged and minority groups, animals, etc. I see them also generally being overly protective of the rights of the executive, corporations, etc. That is not something to celebrate unless you're a rich, white, conservative man, which most of the people in my world (except for my father) are NOT.

I wish I'd been in the Court to hear Justice Ginsburg deliver her dissent directly from the bench. It must have been so powerful to hear. Obviously she was a passionate voice of reason in the middle of the madness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home