Thursday, April 05, 2007

Bumming

Why I'm bumming:

1. I have a major paper due in one month. I just hit a major snag in the research that may force me to change my whole strategy for one of my arguments (it's a motion to dismiss). I was on a roll and I feel like I've taken 20 steps back after researching all afternoon/evening.

2. I have my first final in 25 days. TWENTY FIVE.

3. It won't let up until my last final on May 9th. I didn't think the last semester of law school was supposed to be this hard/stressful.

4. Yesterday I heard some news about a girl I know who graudated from a top-10 law school last year. She went to undergrad where I'm going to law school now (which is not top-10). This girl always struck me as a bit of an overachiever....we played hockey together a while back and she was amazingly talented at that. Apparently she was also amazingly talented at law school because she graduated with honors, passed the bar like it was nothing (I cannot begin to articulate how much I fear the bar at this point, feeling like I won't be smart enough to pass it is pretty much a daily occurrence for me these days), and is now going into a great job. UGH. It made me feel like a total loser. She breezed through law school and pretty much all I've done is struggle. SP and I chalked it up to a lot of things (relative non-youth, long commute to school each day, not being single, not living on campus, etc.). but the thing is I think I've worked pretty hard in law school, basically for average results. Maybe that makes it worth more. I don't know. All I know is I'm done, and tired, and worn out, and I still have a month to go, and no matter what I do I'll never do it as well as this girl I know.

5. I have to read about 30 pages of corporations for tomorrow. F*ck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home