Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Mohs Surgery -- The Day After

Well, I was supposed to go and see the plastic surgeon today, but his receptionist called me this afternoon and postponed the appointment until tomorrow because he was "in surgery." Hmmmm.... I guess that meant someone was worse off than I am, and I should be grateful all I need fixed is a little nose cutting, but I only have a few days before spring break ends and I'm supposed to go back to school. Hopefully I can get the surgical repair done by them. I am also very worried because I will probably have to get numbed up again for him to do whatever he will be doing, and it hurt so much last time that it makes me want to puke to think about going through with it again, especially considering how sore and injured my nose is right now.

SP changed the bandage today and I just couldn't bear to look at it. He said it looks bad but not too bad, whatever that means. Poor guy, I keep asking him to describe it and he can't really. Anyway, apparently it is not bleeding anymore, which is good, but there is a lot of stuff oozing from it. I keep thinking to myself, "That's good, that means it's trying to heal and feel better." I guess, anyway. All I know is it feels very wet and uncomfortable under the bandages.

I am also feeling quite tired, even though I haven't done much today. I think so much of that is the stress and trauma, as well as the fact that I took one vicodin last night and another this morning. Plus there was a big accident involving a truck that wiped out the center divider on the freeway near our house last night (early this morning), and we slept with the window open because it's been summer-like warm around here the last few days, so there were a ton of helicopters flying around out there, which started probably around 4am and lasted a few hours. That's LA for you!

I have to say I like vicodin. The one I took this morning was especially nice -- I felt very calm and relaxed for the first time since I went through this, and slept pretty blissfully for a while. I can understand how it can be addictive, though. It was also weird for me to feel like I had a hangover (dizzy head and yucky stomach) once it wore off a few hours later. I was not expecting that.

So now I wait and see what is next for me. My appointment is for 10am tomorrow. I am really hoping he can do whatever he needs to do tomorrow and just get it over with, so I don't have to wonder how bad it's going to be anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home