Monday, May 01, 2006

Immigration Protests in Los Angeles

So I am reading in the LA Times about immigration protests in Los Angeles that are happening today. What is really moving is to look at the pictures and see everyone carrying American flags.

This is what it's all about, people. The vast majority of illegal immigrants are not in the country to take what they can from America without doing any work. I think most of them are probably law-abiding, hard-working citizens who want a better life for themselves and their families, and they know there is work that they can do in America, so they do what they can to come to the States and do that work. It's hard for me to understand why there is so much backlash against these people. I think America is better for these people risking their lives to come there, and doing the work that no one else wants to do. The idea that these people should be charged as FELONS is absolutely ridiculous. They provide a critical service to our country, and it's time for Americans to stop hating them so much.

I feel weird getting all patriotic and AMERICAN about this, because I'm in Germany now and they just don't do that here. But I am very moved by what I'm hearing about the protests in America. These people are just pursuing their dreams and a better life. How greedy and selfish of Americans to punish them for doing so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home