Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The USA Still Rules, and You All Can Just Piss Off...

Oh yeah, having tons of fun in Germany right now. The World Cup has started. The US team, which is apparently ranked 5th in the world, got their asses handed to them by lovely Pavel Nedved and the lovely Czech Republic boys the other day. Yum-yum. AB and I were in a bar in Augsburg watching the game, and every other person was cheering against the Americans. Nice. Gotta love that.

It's becoming more and more apparent that Germans are both bitter and insecure. Why, I don't know. Everywhere I go Germans are giving me dirty looks, or staring at me like I'm from Mars, or laughing at me. Honestly, ES REICHT JETZT. But maybe I'm just paranoid.

I asked a German friend if I look either American or weird and he said neither applied to me, and that Germans just have an annoying staring habit. Hmmm...

And, yes, Thursday is ANOTHER holiday in Bavaria. That same German friend (apparently I only have one) explained that it has something to do with Corpus Christi and in small Catholic villages they carry around some kind of ersatz Christ body thing and people are all excited. Whatever.

Tonight -- Germany against Poland. They're totally hyped up for what they obviously think will be an easy victory, since Poland was at the losing end of a similar ass-handing against Paraguay (Uraguay?) as the one that the "Amis" experienced against the lovely Czechs. Oh man, it would be sweet if Poland could pull off the upset. There are a lot of foreigners here who would be very happy about that.

Peace, y'all. Why ya gotta hate?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home