Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The Lovely Frau Brueckner at the Sparkasse

It's interesting. As mean as yesterday's bus driver was, the lady who set up my account at the Sparkasse (one of the main banking firms in Germany) today was exceedingly nice. Frau Brueckner only works there three days a week, and I happened to go in there on a day she was there. GOTT SEI DANK.

Gerda Brueckner is a lovely lady. She set up my account with the minimum of attitude and the maximum of efficiency and friendliness. She went out of her way to explain to me how things work, how much I would get charged, how I should get money before I get my card, when my card would arrive and how I should pick it up, etc. She also gave me her card with her email address and told me to email her if I had questions or problems. Furthermore, she was very complimentary of my German and told me she thought I'd have a lot of success at the university. Honestly, I felt like I was at the Bank of America or something, getting the love from one of their over-eager customer service reps. Wunderbar!

So now I have a bank account, and soon it will have money in it (after I give SP the info he needs to transfer money over).

If you ever find yourself at the Stadtsparkasse Augsburg (Univiertel branch, located at Hermann-Koehl-Strasse 9) on a Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, ask for Frau Brueckner. She'll take good care of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home